Tuesday, January 22

mossy shed ~ the begining

the camera cable has been located (hurrah)...funny how that happens, when i needed it, no one had seen it, when it is suddenly required by one of my kids, it is found within five minutes.
but first i must say a little "thank you" for all the lovely comments from my last post, once again i find myself marvelling at the kindness of others...

so i have been a busy bee and have tried very hard to remember to capture it on camera, but a lot of the 'befores' have not been recorded and i have to tell you, my 'afters' aren't the best...i am putting it down to 'the time of year' and 'poor lighting due to low ceilings' and nothing at all to do with the fact that i should read the camera manual...


so let me tell you dear readers, we are rather futunate with mossy shed, she came with the downstairs remodelled, we have lovely new wood flooring throughout apart from a carpeted area in the family room...the walls are freshly plastered, the electrics have been updated and probably the best thing of all, new kitchen cupboards (think back to the yellow house on this one)...so all it really requires is for me to wave my 'magic paintbrush'...the upstairs is a completely different story, nothing has been changed or updated in nearly thirty years...the outside requires a lot of attention, the shingle roof is on it's last legs, most of the windows have failed and of course we have the acre of moss...all this is the very thing that excited me about mossy shed, some has been done and some hasn't...


for today, i thought i would show you a little glimpse of outside in winter...last week we had a sprinkling of snow...after i took the pictures, we had a ton more but i was distracted with the "get over your fear of hills and driving in the snow and ice" issue that arose in my 'try not to panic' little mind, that i failed to record the 'big dump of snow'...
our road has got rather a steep hill, not a problem normally but when the 'treacherous' weather hits, i am totally crap...in the end my man had to drive everywhere, i didn't leave mossy shed for two days...luckily snow and ice are not common here so i figured when such times arise i will suddenly have very important business to attend to in my house therefore eliminating the need to drive the 'oh my god i'm going to die' hill...


my pictures show the very reason why i spend most of my time day dreaming out of the window or walking used dog...the 'wild haired woman from the shed' that walks 'main street' every day with her trusty dog by her side, 'til she reaches the spot where she can see the snow capped mountains to the east and the west...i shall take my camera on the next clear day for you to see...the only problem i am anticipating is dealing with used dog and my mittens and getting a good picture. "take your mittens off"...good advice but i fear i might get all tangled up with the dog leash, my mittens, used dog pulling, a wobbly camera, passing vehicles, raccoons and the odd chicken...


she's thinking tomorrow will be the 'unveiling of the studio'...but here's a sneak peak to keep you going ~ Tif

12 comments:

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

You have such a pretty yard with the tall trees. I can't wait for more pictures. Tif, it's so good to have you back! :) Can't wait to see the studio.

Jenn said...

Oh wow - it all looks so lovely. What a wonderful place to live. I'm sure whatever work needs to be done will all be worth it in the end, and that' it'll make this place even more yours.

Francesca said...

oh it looks so beautiful in the snow. and it's a really good 'mock tudor' number isn't it...not at all 'footballer's wives'! a very handsome fellow indeed. who would've thought i could be so excited about the new house photos of someone i've never met...but i am!

Di said...

I love the new house = remodelled or not! I can see why you fell for it! I also love all the snow outside!!

Gigibird said...

Did I mention you are a tease?
I am very excited on your behalf.
Personally I'd like to see a photo of you and used dog and this infamous pink hat....

dottie angel said...

oooh, i do breath a sigh of relief...i was quite worried that it was my 'rose colored' spectacles playing tricks on me. so glad i haven't bought myself a 'footballer's wives' house...everytime i pull up in the car i look really really hard to see if my eyes have been deceiving me...

Maggi said...

snow always looks so magical, but I'm enjoying this sun we're having. Too bad it's not strong enough to 'thaw' me yet ;)

I spy some Orla goodness in the background and it looks stunning! Congratulations again on the house.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous garden and a view of the mountains within walking distance- perfect!
Studio looks intriguing...and big!

Jane said...

Looks lovely love.
And we're not taking any excuses about thoses photos now. Use your initiative, put the dog lead on your ankle and the mittens in your mouth if you have to,
J
x

Stephanie said...

The snow covered pines have me swooning, what a lovely snip-it of your studio for us to gawk at. Can't wait to see it all finished and wonderful!

debbie said...

what a winter wonderland Tif - Mossy Shed is looking stunning from the outside. I can just imagine a big contented sigh over a nice cup of tea and that view. Bliss. I love that we share mock tudor homes now!!! ha ha - who would have thought it! Can't wait for more pics of the inside - the sneaky peak was tooooooo tempting.

Asti said...

Beeeootiful ! Looks gorgeous - and the snow - Totally jealous.... Liking the look of the studio already, that's going to be the fun bit for you, a blank canvas to make your own :)